LOCATION: Orlando, FL
SALARY: $60K – $70K annually DOE
HOURS: Mon – Fri 7am – 3:30pm – must be flexible
Temp to Hire position – possible direct hire for right candidate
The Sanitation Manager provides sanitation leadership and technical support to the facility. The sanitation manager will work proactively to manage and drive continuous improvements in plant sanitation systems and ensure compliance to the company, and regulatory requirements related to sanitation. The sanitation manager works in direct partnership with Operations, Maintenance, R&D, and Quality to build and maintain a solid sanitation program.
- Directly manage the plant in the adherence of Sanitation Controls policies and programs for wet and dry sanitation processes.
- Ensures compliance to Sanitation policies including maintaining up to date program documentation.
- Responsible for leading the development of the overall Plant sanitation strategy (i.e. the Plant sanitation organizational structure, and the Plant annual sanitation goals, Plant Sanitation budget, etc.)
- Ensure the sanitation department meets all safety, quality, cost, policy compliance, maintenance, delivery and morale objectives
- Management of all sanitation activities including sanitary design reviews of all capital or plant driven projects.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new sanitation programs as well as continuously improving existing programs.
- Responsible for the sanitation training programs to ensure all sanitation associates receive adequate training as well as develop individual development plans for sanitation personnel in leadership roles.
- Responsible of staying abreast of new sanitation technologies and actively seek to advance current sanitation processes.
- Responsible for managing and working with the Plant chemical vendor to optimize costs and improve sanitation processes.
- Assists the Quality department with the management of all regulatory and external 3rd party audits as necessary.
- Enforce the company’s safety, GMPs, and other policies and programs in all plant areas
- Provide leadership in the development of accident prevention and compliance programs, lead in risk identification and take appropriate action to minimize risk, and actively serve on safety teams.
- Hold subordinates accountable for the proper execution of their safety responsibilities.
- Conduct periodic safety scans as well as administer sanitation safety training.
- Other sanitation, quality and general plant duties as assigned.
- Understanding of manufacturing conversion, logistics operations, procurement, commercialization, process capability, and regulatory/health authorities management
- Ability to build risk assessment/management perspective and skills
- Ability to link plant objectives to the management of plant sanitation systems
- Create and present reports on department activities and readiness.
- Excellent knowledge of food manufacturing processes.
- Excellent understanding of food safety
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and succeed
- Works well with diverse teams
- Ability to manage multiple shift sanitation technicians
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years of experience in a manufacturing plant including sanitation experience
- Ability to use scientific principles and statistical methods to investigate sanitation problems to formulate fact-based solutions.
- Strong computer skills (ex. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with GFSI or other widely recognized certification (FSSC 22000 preferred)
We are a No Fee staffing agency Drug-Free Workplace / EEOC
All applicants are subject to a background search and skill testing where applicable
Most positions are not accessible via Public Transportation