Journeyman Electrician (Contract $18.00/hr)
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
HOURS: 7:00 am – 4:30 pm Mon – Fri, some weekends required as repairs are needed
LENGTH: Temporary to Permanent position
This is a Contract pay rate of $18.00 hour, it is not negotiable
This is a long-term Contract with our client – possible temp to perm position
Performing electrical maintenance duties involving troubleshooting, repairing, modifying, and replacing damaged or malfunctioning electrical lines, systems, fixtures, controls, and equipment.
- Installs low and medium voltage systems up to 1,000 volts with limited direction
- Under the general guidance and in accordance with manufacturers specifications performs electrical preventative maintenance on motors which may require the removal of hot oils, greases, and other liquids.
- Refilling or replacing all items to maintain the integrity of the electric motors and the related equipment.
- Responsible for the calibration and maintenance of instruments including, pH meters, chlorine analyzers, and other instruments using a 4-20ma control signal, under general direction.
- Must comply with Arc flash compliance in the observance of the safety protocols in a live electrical environment and in compliance with Arc Flash protocols as defined by the Health Safety Manual.
- Working with mechanical and electrical equipment such as VFD’s, fuses, breakers and contractors.
- Using multi-meter instruments for troubleshooting to identify voltage and ensure the safety of the work location while performing repairs.
- Work in enclosed spaces, adjacent to electrical equipment while installing or repairing chase pipes for wiring additional power or communication sources.
- Works with hand tools climbs ladders and/or opens working pull boxes to run various types of cables.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Journeyman or other qualified License required.
- Basic math and electrical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and electrical diagrams.
- Knowledge of the NEC standards including terminology and codes.
*All candidates required to pass a Level 2 Fingerprinted background check*
We are a No Fee staffing agency Drug-Free Workplace / EEOC
All applicants are subject to a background search and skill testing where applicable
Most positions are not accessible via Public Transportation