INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
RATE: $17.00 – $25.00 Per Hour DOE
HOURS: 2nd Shift – 3:30pm – 1:30am / 3rd Shift – 10:00PM – 6:00AM
May be required to train on 1st shift, must be able to work either shift depending on when the repairs need to be finished
DAYS: currently running 6 days a week, Mon – Fri with OT on Sat & Sun as needed
LENGTH: Temporary to Permanent position – several clients in need
Essential Job Functions
Perform line set-ups, changeovers, and makes mechanical, electrical repair of equipment. Performs assigned preventive maintenance work orders and fills out documentation to ensure work performed, dates, times and parts used are recorded in the policies and FDA requirements. This position installs, performs maintenance on all equipment that includes repairs and performs preventative, corrective and predictive maintenance of equipment/machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Identify solutions that facilitate the continuity of production
- Compile statistics on measures taken in order to improve preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and quality control OSHA regulations
- Perform mechanical tasks, such as lubrication and mechanical repairs
- Install, troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Conduct limited technical inspections equipment and perform required preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance actions.
- Repair and maintain equipment package change parts.
- Review service requests for repairs, and maintenance, determine nature and recommend appropriate solution.
- Operate pertinent test equipment for the position
- Follow all company and OSHA safety rules and regulations when repairing machines
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Adjust functional parts of production machinery
- Repair or replaces defective parts
- Start devices to test their performance
- Lubricates and clean parts
- Rebuilt and fabricates parts
- Complete work orders on time
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Must have extensive experience repairing and maintaining high-speed line equipment
- Must have an understanding of computer technology
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting technical manuals and electrical schematics.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must be able to follow, observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, bend, lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry,
- Basic math
- Knowledge of liquid filling, capping, labeling equipment preferable
- Has a fundamental understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
- Can use a multimeter
- Can diagnose and repair Pneumatic and hydraulics systems
- Use hand tools and power tools
- Ability to lift and carry heavy items up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Experience working in a food grade facility a plus
We are a No Fee staffing agency Drug-Free Workplace / EEOC
All applicants are subject to a background search and skill testing where applicable\
Most positions are not accessible via Public Transportation